Contracts Manager To apply go to: http://www.basho.com
Basho Technologies offers products and services based on Riak™, the highly popular open-source distributed database used to power scalable, data-intensive Web, mobile, and e-commerce applications.
Basho Technologies, Inc. was founded by a group of engineers and executives from Akamai Technologies, Inc. with the goal of creating a new database platform that offers extreme high-availability, low latency, linear scalability and a decentralized architecture that would be easy to use and manage.
Basho is headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts with offices in San Francisco, California; Reston, Virginia, and London, England.
Contracts Manager Job Summary:
Are you an experienced professional that truly loves a fast-paced, dynamic environment where there is room to further develop your career? Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to join one of the Boston area's hottest and fastest-growing companies? Reporting to the Chief Legal Counsel and VP, Corporate Development, the Contracts Manager is responsible for drafting, reviewing, negotiating and maintaining sales contracts and working with legal, sales leadership and other departments to ensure that there is consistency, compliance and scalability throughout the contracting process in an exciting, late-stage start-up company.
Key responsibilities include:
• Review and negotiate a wide range of contracts including licensing agreements, service agreement, NDA’s and other commercial agreements.
• Work closely with internal operational departments including Sales, Finance, and Professional Services.
• Build, manage and maintain a contracts database for the company.
• Develop and implement procedures for contracts management and administration in compliance with company policies.
• Manage contract life cycle, including drafting, execution, extensions and negotiations. Ensure that signed contracts are communicated to all relevant parties.
• Advise internal departments of contractual rights and obligations; identify and mitigate risks.
• Understand the company's basic revenue recognition policies and work with the Finance group to ensure adherence to requirements such as revenue recognition, pricing and discounting policies.
• Monitoring competitive terms and customer satisfaction with the company's terms and conditions and contracting practices.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree with at least 5 years of relevant contract management experience in a high tech organization.
• Demonstrated ability to manage contract function independently and provide leadership in contracts administration for various internal groups with the ability to influence all levels in the organization.
• Functional knowledge of basic contracts law and relevant policies and industry changes to monitor necessary changes to contracts.
• Experience with contracts database tools, in addition to substantial knowledge in building and maintaining a contracts database is required.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
• Strong attention for detail with an ability to prioritize divergent tasks.
• Work with a high degree of autonomy, but able to successfully collaborate and build relationships with colleagues in a distributed work environment.
• Previous experience in a startup environment with a willingness to take on projects outside of normal responsibilities.
• Must possess good judgment, and an ability to exercise discretion.
• Familiarity with IP licensing a plus
The link at the top of each posting should bring you directly to the company website. If it does not, please do a google search using the information in the email to find the company. If you are enrolled in a grant and have a Career Coach, personalized searches are available.
If you have additional comments, please email Bob Reidy at email@example.com
To STOP EMAILS..... Send a blank email to: TCP-JobLeadsfirstname.lastname@example.org
FOUND A JOB........... If you have found employment, please let us know at: www.careerplacejobs.com/forms/placement.htm or call our job placement line at 781-932-5555