Please feel free to refer this position to people you know who might be a strong fit.
Position Title - WRSCSTW052012
Contract - Sr. Tech Writer - Java, C++ or .Net - SW Technology Firm - 3 Month Contract - N. 128 Area MA
Contract Length around 3 Months - Candidates local to Mass.
Innovative, well funded, fast growing, and highly successful Software Start-Up, focused on building platforms for the Streaming Data/Complex Event Processing Market.
Position Responsibilities - Summary
My client is looking to fill a Senior Technical Writer contract position to augment their engineering team. Candidates must have programming skills and must have experience documenting programming languages, application programming interfaces (APIs), protocols, schemas, and/or application development environments.
The ideal candidate will have seven or more years of experience documenting systems software, relational databases and SQL, client APIs in Java, C++, or .NET, and development environments on UNIX and Windows platforms.
My client's technical documentation is primarily developed in DocBook XML, transformed to HTML and to Eclipse Help as part of the software build system. We use a near-WYSIWYG editor for the XML source files. Technical writers work closely with engineering, and their input on design issues is sought after and valued.
· Research, write, edit, organize, and deliver finished documentation components for their new product line.
· Compose, validate, and test code samples for inclusion in the documentation.
· Contribute as time allows to the documentation and release notes for the firm's Complex Event Processing (CEP) product line.
· Acquire a comprehensive technical understanding of the features of the product line.
· Coordinate and collaborate with development, product management, marketing, professional services, and related groups through the product-lifecycle process to collect information, meet requirements, interpret technical specifications, and assist in the product's development.
· Participate in project planning, attending project meetings, creating and maintaining a documentation project plan and schedule, setting milestones, and coordinating technical review cycles.
· Work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
Required Skills and Competencies:
Client has a close-knit team working happily on a fast-paced schedule to deliver a paradigm-changing product line. Team fit, dedication, and energy are as important as technical skills.
The ideal candidate must have experience matching the following points:
· A proven track record as a Senior or Principal Technical Writer delivering task-oriented documentation, reference materials, programming API documentation, and online Help systems.
· Superb US English writing skills that can be validated with writing samples.
· Experience working within the boundaries of standard technical documentation style guides.
· Experience with the cycles of software development projects.
· Daily experience working with version control systems, especially Subversion.
· Experience working with Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows XP.
· Experience working with UNIX operating systems and shells.
The ideal candidate will have additional experience matching the following points:
· Daily experience with a validating XML editor, including XXE, Oxygen, XMLSpy, Structured FrameMaker, Arbortext Editor, or others.
· Experience working with single-source documentation, including FrameMaker coupled with WebWorks. Direct, daily experience with XML documentation is a major plus.
· Experience with the Eclipse development environment and Eclipse-based products.
· Knowledge of SQL and database products such as DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, and MySQL is highly desirable.
· Experience using graphical tools to create conceptual diagrams and annotated screen shots, such as Snag-It, Visio, Gimp, PhotoShop, Paint Shop Pro, Inkscape, and similar tools, is a plus.
· Knowledge of HTML editing and experience with an HTML editor is a plus.
· Experience developing transformation scripts in XSL or Perl is highly desirable.
· Experience with bug tracking software such as JIRA or Bugzilla is a plus.
· Experience with Wiki's and other project collaboration tools are a plus.
· A degree in Computer Science, Information Science, English, Journalism, Communications, Technical Writing, or a related discipline is a plus.
Resumes in Microsoft Word Format Along with a Technical Writing sample (or URL thereto) to:
Gary Wright - President - Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354
The link at the top of each posting should bring you directly to the company website. If it does not, please do a google search using the information in the email to find the company. If you are enrolled in a grant and have a Career Coach, personalized searches are available.
If you have additional comments, please email Bob Reidy at email@example.com
To STOP EMAILS..... Send a blank email to: TCP-JobLeadsfirstname.lastname@example.org
FOUND A JOB........... If you have found employment, please let us know at: www.careerplacejobs.com/forms/placement.htm or call our job placement line at 781-932-5555