Please feel free to refer this position to other groups and people you know.
Position Title - WRLSAD
Lead Systems Analyst/Developer - Equity Support - Java - SQL - "Best of the Best" - FS - Boston, MA Area - Outstanding Package
Outstanding Compensation Package - Base + Bonus + PS (One of the Best in the Industry) - Comprehensive Benefits
Relocation possible for the right person - No Sponsorship
Mid Sized - Successful - Growing - Private - One of the World's Leading Investment Management Firms, Based in the Boston, MA Area - Great Company - Lots of Upside - Join a team oriented, collaborative, results focused environment and become part of an elite organization with great growth possibilities.
Position Responsibilities - Summary
Our client is seeking a Lead Analyst to function as a hybrid analyst/developer with strong technology leadership and implementation skills in their Equity Support group. The Equity Support team is responsible for helping to provide front-office Information Services capabilities to the Equity, Asset Allocation, Hedge Fund investment and research teams. The team partners directly with investors on solutions that span the investment process including research, decision support, and portfolio construction and portfolio analysis. The applications and processes supported include valuation models, research and collaboration platforms, derivative modeling, risk management and product management frameworks.
The Equity Support team within the Investor and Client Applications (ICA) group seeks an individual who will take on a hands-on, leadership role across the suite of portfolio of applications and tools developed in this space. In the Support domain, this individual will be responsible for owning the business outcomes and delivering solutions to address investor needs. The projects will range in complexity and originate from Equity business sponsors or from other application teams.
This individual will need to become knowledgeable across the business domains, applications and processes that we support, such as valuation models, research and collaboration platforms, risk management and product management frameworks. This individual will also be heavily involved in designing, supporting, improving the overall architecture blueprint within this area.
The Systems Analyst with strong development skills will work with investors and team members globally to analyze and implement projects and to deliver custom solutions to be used in the investment and research process. Daily activities will include application support, end-user training, hands on design and development, project management, requirements gathering and documentation, application design, code reviews, implementation, testing/quality assurance. This position requires technical proficiency and a high level of direct interaction with end users and provides a broad set of opportunities including client management, project management, and application development.
Responsibilities for the Lead Analyst/Developer role include:
· Establish and maintain effective client relationships
· Provide status reporting on projects and alert IS and business leadership to deviations from plan
· Track, manage and report on support requests, ensuring that all issues are resolved in a timely and thorough manner
· Manage the training needs of the client/user community
Investor and Application Support:
· Engage with professionals at all levels of the organization to provide high-context investor support
· Proactively identify opportunities for new/improved systems capabilities.
· Leverage our follow-the-sun approach for training and supporting existing applications
· Own, track, and research production issues and work with appropriate teams on the resolution
· Facilitate timely and succinct communication to investors during and following production incidents
Systems Analysis and Development:
· Partner with users to iteratively deliver applications that are critical to their investment process. On an ongoing basis provide enhancements to previously deployed solutions.
· Meet with business users to determine new requirements and enhancements
· Develop and analyze business requirements
· Perform gap analysis between investment process and existing systems, making recommendations for improvements where required
· Develop functional and technical specifications
· Plan, schedule and oversee the work effort required to meet the specifications within time constraints
· Plan and manage small and large sized support projects and perform development and deployment
· Set development standards, code solutions and perform code reviews, where applicable and ensure development practices adhere to firm guidelines
· Work closely with colleagues in the Information Systems department to coordinate effective delivery of appropriate technical solutions.
· Stay abreast of the "state-of-the-art" as it relates to investment practice, both within the firm and throughout the industry
· Develop high quality application code
Above and beyond these specific areas of responsibility, the individual filling this hybrid analyst/development function will be charged with being a value added member of their team. This entails understanding all aspects of the business in order to increase efficiency, effectiveness, and productivity.
This role is particularly challenging, and the firm is only looking for the "Best of the Best.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The individual we seek will be a highly motivated professional who will straddle the business, systems analyst and development sides of this position with comfort and energy. This individual will bring the firm a diverse background, skill set, and perspective. The right person must incorporate business/systems analysis skills, technical development skills, interpersonal and communications skills, and broad based finance skills. This individual must be able to ask the appropriate questions of the business users to get the right solution. The candidate must be self-sufficient but a team player, capable of taking direction, a visionary with an orientation to detail, and someone who works hard but can remember to have fun.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a background that includes many or most of the following skills, characteristics and experiences:
Business Knowledge and Education:
· Strong understanding of the investment process, support and client management, research workflows, equity and derivative securities and market data services e.g. Bloomberg desktop and Server APIs, FactSet, etc.
· Experience in Financial Industry is required
· Any work towards achieving the CFA (or related) charter will be a plus
· The Analyst role requires a strong familiarity with the financial services domain and a working knowledge of financial instruments
· Bachelor's degree
· Excellent client interaction skills, polished presentation
· Ability to meet independently with broad cross-section of the firm up to and including senior business counterparts to determine requirement definition and implementation.
· Ability to analyze needs, document requirements and assist in design of solutions
· Ability to interact effectively with development teams on requirements, effort, time estimates and acceptance testing
· The ability to distill and transform data into useful and usable information that will impact the short and long term directions of the business; articulate new perspectives and challenge the existing thought process.
· Plan, implement and report on project status
· Previous experience acting in a business analysis capacity, including knowledge of software requirements gathering processes.
· Proven ability to support multiple applications simultaneously while managing milestones effectively
· Minimum 6 years experience as a Software Developer supporting small to medium application development life cycles
· Strong understanding of Object Oriented concepts
· Strong technical background with hands-on Java application development/ data engineering experience
· Good SQL skills to be able to able to explore and understand complex database structures
· Demonstrated experience of Design and Development using Java based technologies
· Knowledge and experience with the Spring Framework
· Understanding and proven experience with technologies such as web-services, XML/XSLT, JSON
· Understanding and experience with messaging frameworks especially using JMS (experience with Active MQ will be a plus)
· Background building performance (speed and accuracy) critical applications
· Experience in using scripting tools such as Perl, Shell Scripts
· Experience with building Rich Client Applications User Interfaces; either Eclipse RCP or Java Swing is preferred
· Experience with various software development methodologies, such as Agile or RUP
· Microsoft Office application expertise, in particular with Excel and the creation and maintenance of Excel VBA macros would be considered a plus
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, a self-starter with leadership skills.
· Flexibility and the ability to both create change and adapt to a dynamic and rapidly changing business
· Ability and willingness to work in a fast paced, mission critical production environment
· High energy, a passion for excellence, and a love for the business
· High attention to detail with an ability to demonstrate to business users an aptitude for diagnosing problem sources and spotting root causes from either a technical, data or business process angle
· Ability to work independently and own projects from beginning to end
· Must be self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision
· Strong motivation and ability to work in a fast paced team environment
If you feel you are one of the best, and are up to the challenge, please email me your resume for review - If you look to be a strong match, I will provide the full details of this firm/role for you to review.
Contact Information - (Resumes in Word Format to);
Gary Wright - President - Wright Associates
The link at the top of each posting should bring you directly to the company website. If it does not, please do a google search using the information in the email to find the company. If you are enrolled in a grant and have a Career Coach, personalized searches are available.
If you have additional comments, please email Bob Reidy at firstname.lastname@example.org
To STOP EMAILS..... Send a blank email to: TCP-JobLeadsemail@example.com
FOUND A JOB........... If you have found employment, please let us know at: www.careerplacejobs.com/forms/placement.htm or call our job placement line at 781-932-5555