Director of Training - YMCA of Greater Boston
Great Career Opportunity!
Working in collaboration with the Region One - Regional Training Manager and the YGB Vice President of Human Resources, the Training Partner Y Director of Training will plan, coordinate, track, monitor all activities to host and deliver 7-9 successful Management Training Events throughout Massachusetts, Maine & New Hampshire. The primary responsibility of the Director of Training is to plan, organize and deliver best in class professional skills training programs in various locales. This position requires superior partnering skills and collaboration skills to solicit and recruit ‘subject matter experts’ from other YMCA’s to assist in the delivery and execution of all training programs. This position will cost out, price out and track all training initiatives and measure the program’s effectiveness. The goal is to make the YMCA of Greater Boston a national YMCA Training Partner leader of employee training and management development events.
- Partner with area VP’s, CEO’s and Executive Directors to evaluate needs’ assessments and develop strategies to address their training needs. Survey all YMCA’s within geographic region on an annual basis
- Recruitment of certified trainers & faculty
- Develop and deliver a successful training and certification tracking programs and events (7-9) that is accessible to all YMCA’s within the geographic region.
- Establishment of TPY policies (i.e. pricing, faculty stipends, host pricing, cancellations, etc.)
- Create dynamic, clear and motivational department-specific guides to professional development and advancement in a YMCA career.
- Identify and document best practices in the area of recognizing/ rewarding faculty and trainers.
- Proactively partner and act as primary contact to YMCA CEO’s and Executive Directors for other sources of training and recruitment.
- Assist in the identification of rising YMCA talent and promote Y-USA Leadership Development
- Carefully track progress in all areas responsibility. Provide reports and briefings as to the successes and hurdles in achieving goals and measure effectiveness of all programs.
- A bachelor and preferably an advanced degree from a competitive university
- A minimum of seven years of progressive training & Development experience including hands-on training delivery
- Strong budget management experience.
- Strong project management skills.
- Proven ability to work with, mentor and direct individuals of diverse social, cultural and economic backgrounds.
- Superb written and oral communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Access, and Power Point)
- 30% to 50% travel to other Y branches and YMCA training events.
- A flexible, adaptive, independent and dedicated work style and ethic.
Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience $60,000- $75,000
Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer
Please send resumes, cover letter and salary history to Paul Mantell email@example.com or to:
YMCA of Greater Boston
Human Resources – DT
316 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
The link at the top of each posting should bring you directly to the company website. If it does not, please do a google search using the information in the email to find the company. If you are enrolled in a grant and have a Career Coach, personalized searches are available.
If you have additional comments, please email Bob Reidy at firstname.lastname@example.org
To STOP EMAILS..... Send a blank email to: TCP-JobLeadsemail@example.com
FOUND A JOB........... If you have found employment, please let us know at: www.careerplacejobs.com/forms/placement.htm or call our job placement line at 781-932-5555