Please feel free to refer this position to other groups and people you know that might be a good fit.
Position Title – WRCOAASDBA032012
Sr. DBA – SQL Server – Sybase – MySQL - Investment Management – Boston, MA
Area – Up to $120K
Base + Bonus + Comprehensive Benefits
Local Candidates only – No sponsorship
Successful, smaller, and growing, Boston based Investment Management firm
with $50B+ under management – Nice culture – Collaborative – Team Oriented –
Lots of Upside for the Right person
Position Responsibilities - Summary
The Senior Database Systems Administrator is primarily responsible for
ensuring the availability and optimization of our production, development,
and QA databases. The SDSA will assist in reviewing and deploying
development SQL code as well as maintain the refreshing of Dev and QA
environments. Other duties include documentation, database application
support and troubleshooting, as well as development tasks focused on
retrieving and displaying production data for various internal groups.
As a member of the Database Operations Team the SDSA will report to the
manager of the Database Operations group and will provide technical
expertise and guidance to the team as well as internal development staff.
· Ensure that databases are available to end-users at all times.
· Implement enhancements and updates to ensure technology is most
current. Troubleshoot as problems arise.
· Provide architectural input and direction for our evolving
· Ensure that both database and query performance is optimized, and
automated database processes including replication, Data Transformation
Services (DTS) and SSIS are performing optimally.
· Support Database service delivery to the business units, 24X7,
including on call rotation.
· Maintain ongoing performance monitoring and error reporting
systems as well as efficient problem resolution.
· Responsible for database disaster recovery of the entire database
environment that includes managing a timely SQL backup schedule to protect
the integrity of the information/data stored as well as off site
· Responsible for documenting the backup processes and documenting
the regular testing of all of the DR process.
· Assist software developers with database development projects.
Responsible for reviewing development code and ensuring established coding
standards are applied consistently.
Required Skills and Competencies:
Candidates must have a strong background in database administration. A
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related technical field is
preferred. The ability to spot problematic areas, analyze solutions, propose
resolutions and direct their implementation is essential. Candidates must
have a strong technical background, strong written and oral communication
skills, project management skills, and the ability to work independently as
well as within a team environment. A successful candidate is a motivated
self-starter with an aptitude for learning new skills and environments
quickly while multi-tasking on more than one deliverable.
Core technologies/Skills (Expertise expected in the following):
· 5+ years of closely related experience with MSSQL 2008
· Scripting experience.
· Proficient SQL Profiler skills.
· T-SQL performance and optimization skills are required.
· A thorough understanding of database hardware design, including
Secondary technologies (Mastery or familiarity with the following
· Experience with MSSQL databases in a SAN environment preferred.
· Database Replication technology experience.
· Experience with Virtualization technologies in a database
· Windows 2008
Contact Information ( Resume in Word Format to):
Gary Wright - President – Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354 - Email - email@example.com - WEB
Site – www.wrightassociates.org
The link at the top of each posting should bring you directly to the company website. If it does not, please do a google search using the information in the email to find the company. If you are enrolled in a grant and have a Career Coach, personalized searches are available.
If you have additional comments, please email Bob Reidy at firstname.lastname@example.org
To STOP EMAILS..... Send a blank email to: TCP-JobLeadsemail@example.com
FOUND A JOB........... If you have found employment, please let us know at: www.careerplacejobs.com/forms/placement.htm or call our job placement line at 781-932-5555