Tri-CAP’s Advocacy & Community Services Division seeks a Housing Specialist for the Mobile Homeless Outreach Team. The Housing Specialist works with two other team members who provide services to homeless individuals. These services include providing outreach, emergency assistance, case management and specialized services. The Housing Specialist is responsible for helping homeless individuals secure emergency shelter, transitional housing, and permanent housing. The Housing Specialist assists homeless individuals in accessing both subsidized and private housing resources.
- BA or equivalent experience and one year minimum experience in human services, preferably with the homeless.
- Familiarity with housing resources.
- Excellent crisis intervention, assessment and case management skills.
- Attention to detail, particularly in record keeping.
- Empathy and commitment to client empowerment.
- Bilingual ability a plus.
- Car a plus
Tri-CAP does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or disability. Tri-CAP is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Bilingual/Bicultural candidates encouraged to apply.