- Director of Sales and Customer Relations
- Business Development Associate
- Vehicle Engineer
- Vehicle Technician
- Engineering Intern
- Marketing and Development Intern
Director of Sales and Customer Relations
Terrafugia Inc., developers of the Transition® Street Legal Airplane, is poised to begin deliveries of its revolutionary aircraft within a year. The Transition® is a Light Sport Aircraft (LSA) that can be flown in and out of local airports, driven on any surface road, and parked in a single car garage. With this aircraft, Terrafugia is setting the highest bar in the LSA industry for safety, convenience and fun.
Reporting to the COO, our Director of Sales and Customer Relations will help Terrafugia grow from a world-class engineering team to a world-class aircraft manufacturer. Throughout this process, your passion for aviation, experience with high-end vehicle sales, and hands-on dedication to building a relationship with each customer will drive success. This is a critical role in which you will work closely with the other members of the leadership team to balance immediate needs and opportunities with long term relationship building, customer care, and future lead generation.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop customer leads and increase order backlog
- Build relationships with existing and new reservation holders
- Walk reservation holders through the purchase, sale and ownership process
- Create a satisfying and exciting customer experience
- Develop and expand upon strategic sales and marketing plans
- Develop and implement sales- and customer-focused processes and tools
- Event and trade show planning and attendance as required
- You’re excited to be part of a fast-paced, growing start-up environment
- 5 years experience in a sales-oriented leadership role
- 10+ years total experience, including experience with high-end vehicle sales
- You are comfortable closing a sale and making sure the customer experience remains positive
- You have at least a sport pilot certificate and a passion for aviation
- Demonstrated initiative, sales success, and follow-through
- Familiarity with basic financial and contractual concepts
- Excellent planning and organization skills with attention to detail
- Excellent knowledge of business software and tools
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Post-secondary degree is a requirement
Business Development Associate
Terrafugia, the developer of the Transition® Street-Legal Airplane, is currently looking for an exceptional person to assist in business development, with emphasis on the federal and state regulatory environments. Candidates should be self-starters who are willing to ask questions, be a contributing part of a fast-paced team, and be proactive as we push the boundaries of traditional aviation.
In addition to enthusiasm and a can-do attitude, we’re looking for candidates with the following:
- Outstanding communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and analysis ability
- Knowledge of, and interest in, the legal and regulatory process
- Business experience
- Comfort with business communications and information systems
- Aviation interest and background (pilot a plus)
- Willingness to assist with office administration and other shared responsibilities
- Ability to work at a startup with very limited resources
- Four year accredited degree or higher
- US citizenship
Terrafugia, the developer of the Transition® Street-Legal Airplane, is currently looking for an exceptional engineer to join our team. Candidates should be self-starters who are willing to ask questions, be a contributing part of a fast-paced team, and be proactive as we push the boundaries of traditional aviation. In addition to enthusiasm and a can-do attitude, we’re looking for mechanical or aerospace engineers with the following:
- Design engineer with 5+ years’ experience
- Experience with the design-build-test cycle
- Familiarity with composite materials & the machining process
- Proficiency with Solid Works and Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with CATIA v5 and Fluent is a plus
- A desire to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- A desire to do more than sit at a computer each day. You must be a doer and a builder.
- An aviation background & pilot training is a plus
- US Citizenship required
Terrafugia, the developer of the Transition® Street-Legal Airplane, is currently looking for exceptional technicians to join our team. Candidates should be self-starters who are willing to ask questions, be a contributing part of a fast-paced team, and be proactive in the creation of our revolutionary aircraft. In addition to common sense and strong attention to detail, we’re looking for the following skills:
- Composite Construction: both pre-preg and wet lay-up techniques
- Machining / Metal Working
- Woodworking / Carpentry
- Aircraft & Powerplant Mechanic or Automotive Mechanic
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with Solid Works and Visual Mill
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- US Citizenship is required.
Engineering Intern Job Description:
Terrafugia is looking for hands-on engineering students to join our team for the fall. Opportunities exist within DFM and manufacturing process development, flight and drive testing support, and other business-critical tasks. Show us your comfort with CADD, an enthusiasm for asking questions and learning new things, and solid hands-on skills. Terrafugia's small, fast-paced team and rare aviation start-up environment will ensure that you've got a critical role in continuing to make history!
All internship positions are volunteer-based and highly competitive, offering unique hands-on experience and a chance to be part of Terrafugia's world-class design team. Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. US Citizenship is required.
Marketing and Development Intern Job Description:
Terrafugia is looking for an enthusiastic, hard-worker to join our team as a marketing/communications intern. Terrafugia is a small company in Woburn whose mission is to improve personal aviation by developing an aircraft that can also drive on the ground. For more information please see our web site www.terrafugia.com. Intern responsibilities would include assisting the COO, preparing marketing materials, helping organize events, research, and general marketing and administrative responsibilities. Candidates should have basic computer skills and have a solid knowledge of how to operate Microsoft Word and Excel. We are looking for someone to work a minimum of 15 hrs/wk from September to December 2010 with the possibility to extend into 2011. Hours can be flexible to work around a school schedule.
All internship positions are volunteer-based and highly competitive, offering unique hands-on experience and a chance to be part of Terrafugia's world-class design team. Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Home | Aircraft | About Us | News & Media | Contact Us | FAQs | Store
© 2008 Terrafugia. All Rights Reserved.