The HRIS Specialist will lead the testing, documentation, and implementation of Human Resources Information System (HRIS) projects. Troubleshoots problems, conducts work flow analysis and streamlines processes. Responsible for analysis, purchase recommendations, and installation of hardware and software for HR. Develops reports from HR systems involving employee applications, performance, pay, benefits and skills. Acts as liaison with IT staff in resolving HRIS problems; oversees the training of HR users on software; provides institutional support for the College's survey software; and maintains internal and external HR websites. Act as liaison with IT and the legal team to ensure that records and files are being accurately managed, stored, and discarded.
HRIS Systems – 80%:
• Leads the planning, development, enhancement and maintenance of the HRIS for Babson. Develops and maintain HR applications, electronic forms, and internal and external HR websites. Work closely with ITSD to maintain servers and databases.
• Coordinate activities pertaining to the design, implementation, maintenance and use of the HRIS; research and evaluate database file structures, access methods and data relationships; evaluate the impact of any new or changed applications to determine their effect on existing applications; and coordinate the conversion of existing applications.
• Responsible for process improvement which includes evaluating existing systems and procedures and providing technical advice and recommendations for changes and improvements; consulting with HR staff to define user needs, reporting requirements and problems; advising on revisions to forms, records and reports to adapt them to the HRIS; and developing applications to be used with existing or new programs to streamline systems and procedures.
• Provide technical support including problem diagnosis, analysis and resolution for a variety of network, hardware, software, and systems operation problems; oversee repairs and preventative maintenance activities; ensure proper operation and maintenance of computers and equipment.
• Prepare hardware, software, procedural documentation and training material. Develop, implement and present training programs for Human Resources and Babson staff to ensure appropriate and effective use of technology resources.
• Interface with vendors and consultants, maintain current licensing agreements, establish procedures for the protection of hardware, software and data, and act as a liaison with ITSD, HR staff, employees, and vendors to resolve issues or concerns.
• Responsible for data entry and data integrity in HRIS systems. Has the responsibility of ensuring that accurate data is entered into a system and that a thorough audit of said data is conducted.
• Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
Web – 15%:
• Maintains HR web presence. Responsible for interfacing with College Marketing and ITSD to maintain systems and update content provided by HR staff on regular schedule.
• As part of the campus wide website conversion project, itemize and document the HR website in order to convert the current content into the new platform. Work with all owners of the current content to ensure that HR is represented on the Babson website in an accurate and meaningful manner. Work to market HR to both internal and external customers.
• On an ongoing basis, ensure that HR's web presence is consistent with the department's mission statement. Acts as website owner for all of HR and is main contact for Digital Babson.
Survey Software Support – 5%:
• Provide technical support for HR survey software. Maintain server-based system and develop training conjunction with T&D department.
HRIS Assistant (Temporary)
-Bachelor's Degree required (Computer Science preferred)
-5-7 years of direct experience required.
Principles and practices of Human Resources administration, information systems development, implementation and control requirements.
-Interactive on-line data processing systems, multimedia applications, desktop publishing, inter-intranet applications and technology, web site and forms design.
-HRIS technology and information management techniques. Specific applications knowledge includes: Ultimate Software (UltiPro – preferred); Org Plus; Cognos; Halogen; PeopleAdmin; eAppraisal; SharePoint; Qualtrics Survey Software; and Commonspot.
-Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
To apply for this position, please visit our website at www.babson.edu.
The link at the top of each posting should bring you directly to the company website. If it does not, please do a google search using the information in the email to find the company. If you are enrolled in a grant and have a Career Coach, personalized searches are available.
If you have additional comments, please email Bob Reidy at firstname.lastname@example.org
To STOP EMAILS..... Send a blank email to: TCP-JobLeadsemail@example.com
FOUND A JOB........... If you have found employment, please let us know at: www.careerplacejobs.com/forms/placement.htm or call our job placement line at 781-932-5555