Please feel free to refer this to other local groups or people you know who might be a good fit.
06-08-2011 - Still looking for strong candidates - 1 role left
Sr. Integration Engineer – Windows Centric Systems- Billerica, MA Area –
Base + Bonus + Comprehensive Benefits - Local Candidates Only – No
Stable Work History
Around 50% Customer Travel Required – Domestic
My client is a very successful, separate division of a large public company
and a leading supplier of secure identity management solutions used in a
wide range of security & identification applications for Local, State,
Federal, International Government & Commercial Entities – Strong Space –
Lots of Upside.
Position Responsibilities – Summary
Reporting to the Integration Engineering Manager, and working closely with
Program Management, Configuration Management, Quality Assurance and Systems
Engineering, the Integration Engineer will help test and deploy new photo
Identification Card/ Identification enrollment, verification, and issuance
systems throughout North America. Qualified candidates will play a key role
in the emerging technology and large-scale application of secure
identification, biometrics, and machine-readable card technologies including
Reports to the Manager Integration Engineering.
· Integrate and document secure ID systems using existing system
components, and qualify technical system solutions to meet customer needs as
defined by a System Architecture Document.
· Develop Integration and Acceptance Testing Specification,
system-level Bills of Materials, Installation and Configuration Guides,
Network maps, and other technical documents that are approved and signed off
by both customer and the firm’s internal organizations.
· Work multiple technical areas, often self-guided, sometimes under
the guidance of a technical lead or Senior Integration Engineer.
· There will be a strong emphasis on working with internal teams to
specify and qualify system components, assessing hardware fitness for the
intended task, component inter-operability, robustness, and life cycle
· Must be able to actively participate and perform duties within the
scope of the end-to-end system solution. This requires an understanding of
all critical aspects of the technical solution being implemented.
· Will work with procurement and deployment planning to move systems
from development to field installation.
Required Skills and Competencies
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities Required:
· Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering,
Network Engineering, or proven equivalent experience.
· Some experience in end-to-end system design and execution
· Experience with software based systems that include complex user
interfaces and advanced peripheral devices in a distributed network
· Experience in technical specification documentation a must.
· Must demonstrate the ability to interact with customers
individually and in work groups.
· Must have the ability to define assigned technical project
segments at a detailed level, clearly document them, and submit for
· Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, inter-personal)
· Ability and willingness to travel for some assignments is
required. Extended on site assignments will occur from time to time.
· Six or more years of Technical Experience with four or more years
of multi-disciplined Systems Integration.
· Scripting experience very helpful.
· Windows (XP, Vista, 2003 Server, and 2008 Server) OS installation
and cloning; customization, configuration, and troubleshooting; and
mass-deployment techniques (Ghost, Sysprep, SMS, etc.).
· Windows workstation security and authentication, including: local
security groups, service control management, NTFS; EFS; local security
policy settings; auditing and monitoring.
· Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI)
· Windows server and domain security and authentication, including
LAN settings, Windows Integrated Authentication, and Kerberos.
· Active Directory principles, including: group policy object
creation, management, and troubleshooting; AD OUs and security groups;
domain authentication, nesting, and trusts.
· Web Services integration based on the .NET 2.0 framework
· MS Web Services Enhancements (WSE) 3.0 configuration and
· Internet Information Services (IIS) installation and configuration
skills, including: custom web site installation that enables multi-site
hosting on single servers; web site security and authentication, including
all flavors of WSE security; certificate installation, configuration, and
management; web application configuration (ASP.NET in particular); logging
· SQL Server 2005 installation, management, troubleshooting,
SQL/T-SQL, and SQL security experience a plus
· MCSE a big plus
· Knowledge and experience of all above Microsoft skills using GUI
*and* the command line / scripting
General Network Skills:
· Intermediate knowledge of Ethernet technology, including: twisted
pair cabling (e.g., CAT5), hubs, switches, and patch panels.
· Intermediate knowledge of TCP/IP: addressing, routing,
troubleshooting IP port availability and connectivity, familiarity with
default application IP ports.
· Basic knowledge of gateways, firewalls, and routers, and how to
troubleshoot connectivity problems
· Understanding and experience reading and modifying XML
· Advanced knowledge of PC architecture, including: specifying,
installing, configuring, troubleshooting,and repairing x86-based hardware.
· Server hardware knowledge and troubleshooting skills a plus,
including RAID configurations, partitioning, and general knowledge of system
redundancy and failover architectures that achieve ‘high availability’
· Backup and recovery design and management experience
· Virtual server implementation and management experience a plus
· Superior technical writing ability
· Ability to travel and spend extended time in project locations
The firm delivers large-scale, security-related solutions, so the person
selected for hire will be required to undergo extensive background checking
and drug usage testing as a condition of hire.
Gary Wright - President – Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354 - Email - email@example.com - WEB Site –
The link at the top of each posting should bring you directly to the company website. If it does not, please do a google search using the information in the email to find the company. If you are enrolled in a grant and have a Career Coach, personalized searches are available.
If you have additional comments, please email Bob Reidy at firstname.lastname@example.org
To STOP EMAILS..... Send a blank email to: TCP-JobLeadsemail@example.com
FOUND A JOB........... If you have found employment, please let us know at: www.careerplacejobs.com/forms/placement.htm or call our job placement line at 781-932-5555