June 14th, 2011
Blu Homes Job Opening: National Sales Representative
Blu Homes, a high-tech modern eco-friendly homes company, is seeking qualified applicants for the position of National Sales Representative based in our Boston area office. Blu is the leading designer and manufacturer of beautiful, “personalizable,” and ecologically friendly modern prefab homes, and offers a broad product line of homes and small accessory buildings available across the US and North America (www.bluhomes.com).
The candidate’s responsibilities will include managing and developing sales opportunities in areas that are not covered by Blu’s current sales representatives. The job will require substantial travel and business development skills, as the candidate will be working with leads across the U.S. and possibly other countries and the Caribbean, on a frequent basis. Candidates should be sharp, mature, down to earth, fun, good communicators, high energy, have a ‘sense of urgency’, and excitement and understanding of startup culture. Position requires significant sales experience, great interpersonal skills, and strong facility with technical and quantitative analysis tools. Applicants with an interest or understanding of growing a startup company, and/or experience with high tech companies, are preferred. Requires up to 35% travel.
· personable, friendly, and down to earth manner;
· sharp, thoughtful approach;
· excitement about being part of a high tech green homes startup team and culture;
· strong work ethic;
· integrity and conscientiousness;
· ability and flexibility to ‘scale’ with the company;
· innovative and creative thinker.
· outstanding sales/communications skills without a ‘salesy’ approach;
· demonstrated ability to work thoughtfully with clients;
· ability to manage and grow a substantial sales pipeline;
· strong technical skills – must be ability to work with Blu’s innovative digital tools;
· independent worker with great teamwork attitude;
· self-confidence and poised approach with clients and other outside groups.
· 3-5+ years experience preferred in fields like business development—candidates can come from a wide variety of backgrounds… from sales to venture capital, management consulting, investment banking, or other—but need to show exceptional sales skills;
· minimum bachelor’s degree;
Compensation: compensation primarily commission based, plus small potential salary/draw, stock options, and benefits package, depending on experience and skill level.
Application Process: please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter. Candidates will also be required to provide references and will be subject to a background check.
The link at the top of each posting should bring you directly to the company website. If it does not, please do a google search using the information in the email to find the company. If you are enrolled in a grant and have a Career Coach, personalized searches are available.
If you have additional comments, please email Bob Reidy at email@example.com
To STOP EMAILS..... Send a blank email to: TCP-JobLeadsfirstname.lastname@example.org
FOUND A JOB........... If you have found employment, please let us know at: www.careerplacejobs.com/forms/placement.htm or call our job placement line at 781-932-5555