Please feel free to refer this position to other groups and people you know that might be a good fit.
Position Title – WRCOAABSA062011
Business System’s Analyst – Portfolio Accounting - Investment Management –
Boston, MA Area – Up to $120K
Base + Bonus + Comprehensive Benefits
Local Candidates only – No sponsorship
Stable work history required
Successful, smaller, and growing, Boston based Investment Management firm
with $45B+ under management
Position Responsibilities - Summary
As a member of the IT group, this position will play a key role in the
support of the portfolio accounting and other investment operations systems.
It is a highly visible position with exposure to many business units in a
dynamic quantitative investment management firm. The position requires a
high level of direct interaction and collaboration with end users, excellent
analytical and communication skills, and outstanding domain knowledge.
The Business Systems Analyst must comprehend and organize a collection of
business requirements and communicate those requirements to application
developers. Negotiate technical and non-technical solutions that both
satisfy the business user and conform to the technical architecture.
· Drive efforts that identify business requirements.
· Write specifications for new/revised systems based on knowledge of
business needs by working closely with senior department managers and key
· Identify and document scope changes escalating appropriately to
project manager for action.
· Participate in functional and change impact analysis for existing
business processes and develops recommendations for improvements and
· Conduct business and systems requirements analysis at code and
data level such as data mapping, and data conversion analysis.
· Perform complex data analysis in support of ad-hoc customer
· Work with Business and Technology Departments to identify data
lineage analysis, source and destination requirements for applications.
· Analyze the business processes in terms of activities (tasks),
workflow and dataflow.
· Facilitate the creation of testing documentation and manages the
· Research, track and communicate business issues and software
defects related to projects and level 2 applications support.
· Participate and support post implementation process including end
· Collaborate with team members and manager to define standards for
future business analysis efforts.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The candidate should have a minimum of 5-8 years of experience working as an
IT business systems analyst in the financial services industry. In addition,
the position requires:
· BS degree in MIS, BA or related discipline
· Strong understanding of global investment portfolio accounting and
· Strong understanding of investment processes, accounting and
performance measurement systems, workflows and data
· Experience with portfolio accounting systems such as HiNet,
performance measurement systems such as StatPro and FactSet and fixed income
systems such as Aladdin a plus - Prior knowledge of BARRA, GIPS, Bloomberg,
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills - Strong
interpersonal and communication skills - Strong business and technical
· Experience in managing small to medium scale projects or
subcomponents of a major project
· Ability to lead project meetings with users - Ability to
effectively handle multiple priorities
· Solid MS Project /Visio and MS Office application skills
· Working knowledge of SQL (Microsoft SQL Server and Sybase)
· Experience gathering and documenting business requirements from
· Experience with systems integration in the financial services
· Experience with systems development lifecycle methodology
· Previous direct responsibility for writing structured business
requirements, functional specifications, test plans and test cases
Gary Wright - President – Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354 - Email - email@example.com - WEB
Site – www.wrightassociates.org
The link at the top of each posting should bring you directly to the company website. If it does not, please do a google search using the information in the email to find the company. If you are enrolled in a grant and have a Career Coach, personalized searches are available.
If you have additional comments, please email Bob Reidy at firstname.lastname@example.org
To STOP EMAILS..... Send a blank email to: TCP-JobLeadsemail@example.com
FOUND A JOB........... If you have found employment, please let us know at: www.careerplacejobs.com/forms/placement.htm or call our job placement line at 781-932-5555