Please feel free to refer this position to other groups and people you know.
Position Title – WR720401 - 04-02-2011
Lead Software Engineer –Java – Middle Tier – Spring – Messaging – WS -
Marlboro, MA Area – Excellent $$
Excellent Compensation Package – Base + Bonus + PS
Candidates Local to Mass. Only – No Sponsorship
Large, successful, and growing Boston based Investment Management Firm –
Great Company – Lots of Upside – Excellent Compensation Package – Bonus –
Profit Sharing etc. Join a team oriented, collaborative, results focused
environment and become part of an elite organization with great growth
Position Responsibilities – Summary
The Equity Portfolio Construction Applications team engages thought leaders
in the Equity, Asset Allocation and Commodities portfolio management areas
to provide solutions that enable advanced portfolio analysis and risk
management, aid idea generation, and facilitate portfolio construction.
Advanced portfolio construction solutions target sophisticated investment
products with active long and short exposures to all asset classes i.e.
equities, fixed income, currency, and commodities. Investment
implementation is via both cash instruments and a wide range of derivatives.
The successful candidate will contribute technical leadership to core
architecture and engineering efforts, setting strategic technical direction,
and delivering advanced capabilities for global, low-latency, highly
available portfolio management platform.
In addition to working in a dynamic team that is well known for it attention
to detail and excellent delivery record, this role interacts closely with
peer engineering teams, business analysts, enterprise architects and
infrastructure teams across IS department.
Keys to this Position:
1) Technology: We are seeking solid in depth Java experience with
strengths in middle tier Java based programming and multi threading.
In-depth knowledge and experience of the Spring Framework. Strong
understanding and proven experience with technologies such as Web-Services,
XML/XSLT, JSON is required.
2) Strong understanding and experience of Messaging Frameworks.
3) Very strong communication skills are required as this individual
will partner with an Analyst and work together interfacing with the business
4) Strong leadership skills are required. This individual will work as
an individual contributor but will lead teams of up to 6 resources.
5) Financial Services experience is a big plus.
Required Skills and Competencies:
This position requires proficiency and experience in Software development
using Java based technologies. While prior business knowledge is not
mandatory any experience in the Financial industry will be a plus.
· Minimum 6 years experience as a Software Developer supporting
large, business-critical application development life cycles
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
(Master’s Degree is Preferred)
· Strong understanding of Object Oriented concepts
· Demonstrated experience of Design and Development using Java based
· In-depth knowledge and experience of the Spring Framework.
· Strong understanding and proven experience with technologies such
as Web-Services, XML/XSLT, JSON is required.
· Strong understanding and experience of Messaging Framework esp.
using JMS (experience with Active MQ will be a plus)
· Understanding and Experience with building performance (Speed and
Accuracy) critical applications is required.
· Experience in using scripting tools such as Perl, Shell Scripts is
· Understanding of applications that use Rich Desktop clients is
· Strong analytical and communication skills, both written and
verbal are required.
· Must possess PL/SQL programming and SQL tuning skills
· Experience with building Rich Client Applications User Interfaces
either using Eclipse RCP or Java Swing is preferred.
· Experience with various software development methodologies, such
as Agile or RUP. Must be comfortable with test driven development and
Continuous Integration (JUnit, Hudson, Code Coverage)
· Proven ability to support multiple applications simultaneously
· Ability to be self-motivated and work independently with one or
more business analysts and team of consultants to deliver Business solutions
· Work closely with IS developers located globally at all levels of
the organization to provide support for existing applications and
proactively identify opportunities for new/improved systems.
· Partner with in-house application and data architects while
implementing systems requirements.
· Experience in Financial Industry and esp. with Portfolio
Construction or Trading Tools is preferred
· Any work towards achieving the CFA (or related) charter will be a
Send Resume in Word format only to:
Gary Wright - President – Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354 - Email - email@example.com - WEB
Site – www.wrightassociates.org
The link at the top of each posting should bring you directly to the company website. If it does not, please do a google search using the information in the email to find the company. If you are enrolled in a grant and have a Career Coach, personalized searches are available.
If you have additional comments, please email Bob Reidy at firstname.lastname@example.org
To STOP EMAILS..... Send a blank email to: TCP-JobLeadsemail@example.com
FOUND A JOB........... If you have found employment, please let us know at: www.careerplacejobs.com/forms/placement.htm or call our job placement line at 781-932-5555