Please feel free to refer this position to other groups and people you know.
Position Title – WRATSSE032011
Sr. Storage Engineer – Providence, RI Area – Excellent $$
Excellent Compensation Package – Base + Comprehensive Benefits
Candidates local to RI/Mass. only – No Sponsorship
Stable Work History
Open to some Travel
Leading provider of Managed Information Security Services – Global in
nature – Innovative with great culture
Position Responsibilities – Summary
Client is looking for a Senior Storage Engineer to join the Virtualization
and Storage team who will be responsible for maintenance, security,
recovery, and support of all virtual and storage Infrastructure. The person
in the role will implement and maintain storage and backup solutions in the
mixed environment of Unix/Windows operating systems.
· Develop and integrate disk storage based snapshots to provide
mechanism for immediate snapback if a system needs to be restored
rapidly due to application or operating system corruption of data.
· Develop and document standards/procedures/strategies/scripts that
maximize the functionality and reliability while minimizing downtime.
· Provide technical assistance for applications installs,
backup/recovery strategies, to address applications performance issues and
general platform problem analysis.
· Recoup unused storage for future use. Maximize the functionality
of the storage arrays by implementing tools.
· Deploy storage solutions into new and existing environments.
· Diagnose and resolve problems in multiple storage environments,
coordinating with coworkers and vendors as necessary to facilitate maximum
availability of client applications in financial and other mission critical
· Work with clients and sales team to determine data storage
requirements in business development opportunities.
· Perform storage workload modeling and prediction for sizing and
· Perform capacity planning and reporting to ensure efficient use of
· Closely monitor server storage performance and utilization.
Identify problems and recommend/implement solutions.
· Maintain replication relationships and recovery environments.
· Implement and document recovery procedures.
· Support recovery in the event of systems failure or disaster.
· Provide post-installation training and technical support to
clients and coworkers.
Required Skills and Competencies:
Technical: (Experience in the Majority of the Technologies Listed Below)
· 8-10 years of storage experience.
· Must have a thorough understanding of EMC VMAX, DMZ and VNX
arrays. Experience in Compellent and Network Appliance (NetApp) products
and architectures will be considered.
· Practical experience in Logical Volume Manager (LVS), NFS and CIFS
administration in an EMC environment.
· Prior experience deploying EMC solutions in the field, storage
provisioning as well as trending analysis.
· Experience in developing and implementing business continuity and
disaster recovery practices.
· Strong knowledge of data replication technologies.
· Experience deploying and maintaining FibreChannel and layer 2/3
· Experience with site to site and DR replication (i.e. SnapMirror
· In-depth knowledge of general storage technologies: iSCSI, FC,
SAN, NAS, DAS.
· Cisco MDS 9000 series switches knowledge.
· Solid understanding of networking and distributed computing
concepts, including principles of network-routing client/server
· Expert knowledge in supporting enterprise backup solutions such as
Symantec Netbackup, EMC Networker, CommVault, and/or IBM TSM.
· Experience in LTO3 and LTO4 tape drive and automated tape library
· Knowledge of Distributed File Systems (DFS) beneficial.
· Experience with Virtualization Technologies a plus.
· Experience in writing automation scripts with UNIX shells,
VBSCRIPT, and PERL scripting languages
Send Resume in Word format only to:
Gary Wright - President – Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354 - Email - firstname.lastname@example.org - WEB
Site – www.wrightassociates.org
The link at the top of each posting should bring you directly to the company website. If it does not, please do a google search using the information in the email to find the company. If you are enrolled in a grant and have a Career Coach, personalized searches are available.
If you have additional comments, please email Bob Reidy at email@example.com
To STOP EMAILS..... Send a blank email to: TCP-JobLeadsfirstname.lastname@example.org
FOUND A JOB........... If you have found employment, please let us know at: www.careerplacejobs.com/forms/placement.htm or call our job placement line at 781-932-5555