in Boston as well as a mid level SQL DBA and strong SQL Engineer, pasted
below. I forgot to mention these. Thanks.
Eddie D'Zmura Recruiter/Principal
Search/Placement for technology professionals
7 Kenneth Road
Georgetown, MA 01833
*1. Database Administrator SQL Boston, MA*
*JOB DESCRIPTION: *
Are you the right person to lead my client during its dramatic growth
phase by taking charge of all aspects of my client's System Databases?
This position reports to the Lead DBA (DBA manager) and involves direct
responsibility for the design, maintenance, and support of my client's
Database Systems. The ideal candidate requires a high level of
analytical and creative skills and an in-depth knowledge of database
structure, configuration, methodology and design.
Experienced with SQL Server 2005 and 2008; EMC SAN; Windows Clustering;
SQL Server Profiler; Analyzer; SSIS; SQL Server Reporting Services
consisting of multiple 100GB up to 3 TB databases.
*Typical Duties: *
* Plan architecture, infrastructure and administer mission critical
financial database systems consisting of over 100 SQL server
databases 2005 and 2008.
* Administer and support installations; configuration and support of
a high-availability SQL Server database environment in support of
financial services applications and products.
* Work closely with business analysts and software developers to
support existing applications and create new products in this
fast-paced dynamic software development environment.
* Responsible for data backup and recovery, as well as business
continuity planning and mirroring data to offsite location to
ensure data integrity.
* Assist application developers as needed in database development.
* Create best practices documentation for backup, recovery,
performance tuning AND troubleshooting of corporate database systems.
* Create and implement database reorganizations that result in
better performance and optimum storage.
* Create SQL scripts and stored procedures for recurring tasks.
* Proactively manage database server resources using perfmon,
profiler, custom scripts and third party tools.
* Manage database security to ensure the integrity of all
confidential participant, client and employee information.
* Assist in stress testing and analyzing new applications before
deployment to production servers.
* Review application stored procedures and tables to ensure
compliance with company database standards.
* Provide cross training to other engineers and managers as necessary.
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related is a
* Requires 5+ years of direct, hands-on experience as a DBA.
* MCDBA Certification highly desired.
* Must be able to work in a schedule-driven environment. Timing is a
* Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills
* The ability to work in an independent, self-directed manner and to
perform equally as well in a team environment will be critical to
* Drive, energy, enthusiasm, maturity and confidence are all
qualities we are looking for.
*2. Technical Manager Boston, MA *
*JOB DESCRIPTION: *
I am looking for an individual with a strong hands-on technical
background as a software developer who can lead and manage the
development of software systems used to support my client's Compliance
and Reporting business department.
This role will manage a small team of developers. The candidate must be
able to successfully manage the team's development efforts while staying
on time and on budget. Responsibilities include task estimation,
prioritization and assignment. The candidate will be expected to review
technical designs, educate and train developers, as well as conduct
design and code reviews to ensure standards are adhered to. Note: this
is a very hands-on position; 75% of the time, the candidate will be
coding / implementing projects. Experience in the investment field is
The software technologies include: T-SQL, SQL Server 2005 and 2008, C#,
Visual Studio TFS 2008, SSRS, Crystal Reports, Infragistics controls and
*Typical Duties: *
* Work directly with business users to understand the business
needs; and develop and document technical solutions to meet those
* Prioritize and assign development tasks to the development team.
* Manage development projects to successful completion. This
includes overseeing/performing technical design, managing project
plans, estimation, status meetings, coordination with other groups
(QA, networking, operations, and business users) and continuing
through to production implementation.
* Developing the proper technical designs. Conducting design and
code reviews to ensure designs are adhered to.
* Hands-on coding and implementing the solutions.
* Responsible for maintaining the proper level of support to ensure
high availability and reliability of the production system.
* The candidate must currently be permitted to work indefinitely in
the United States and live within commuting distance of our office.
* The candidate must have a proven track record of success, both as
a senior developer and as a technical project manager.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering is a
* 3+ years as both a project and staff manager of a software
* 10+ years as a software developer in a Microsoft environment.
* 5+ years of experience using Microsoft SQL Server (2005 or 2008),
including schema design, stored procedure development, performance
tuning and optimization.
* 5+ years of in-depth C# and .NET development.
* Development experience with WCF and SSRS.
* Experience working on large (multi terabyte) databases a strong plus.
* Experience with Application Lifecycle Management using Microsoft
Team Foundation Server (TFS) a strong plus.
* Prior experience in financial services is strongly preferred.
* Ability to work in an independent, self-directed manner and to
perform equally as well as part of a team.
* Drive, energy, enthusiasm, maturity and confidence.
*3. SQL SERVER DEVELOPER*
The developer will work in a small team that builds the research group's
systems. Given the use
of the software, our designs focus on speed, reliability, and the
efficient processing of very large
data sets. The developer will have autonomy commensurate to his/her
abilities. The applications
place significant demands on the hardware, thus the developer will need
to work with the
Operations Group to solve environmental and configuration issues.
. Working closely with business users to review requirements. Develop,
discuss technical designs that meet those requirements.
. Implement (code) the technical solutions using Microsoft SQL Server /
Manager, Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 and related tool sets.
. Coordinate with other groups (QA, Operations, Networking, etc.) to see
through to production.
. Developers are also expected to assist in 2nd and 3rd tier support to
. Candidates must live within commuting distance of Boston, MA
. Candidates must currently be permitted to work legally and
indefinitely in the U.S.
. Computer Science, Engineering, Math or related degree is a requirement.
. Requires 3+ years of professional SQL Server development experience.
. Strong SQL coding skills (SQL Server/T-SQL).
. Experience tuning and optimizing SQL
. Experience in solving environment configuration problems.
. Experience working with very large data sets and large databases is
. C# coding knowledge and experience is a plus.
. Detail-oriented and enjoy analytical problem solving.
. Interest in trading strategies is a plus.
. Drive, energy, enthusiasm, maturity, and confidence.
The link at the top of each posting should bring you directly to the company
website. If it does not, please do a google search using the information in
the email to find the company. If you are enrolled in a grant and have a
Career Coach, personalized searches are available.
If you have additional comments, please email Bob Reidy at firstname.lastname@example.org
To STOP EMAILS..... Send a blank email to:
FOUND A JOB........... If you have found employment, please let us know at:
www.careerplacejobs.com/forms/placement.htm or call our job placement
line at 781-932-5555Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: