The Goodwin Group International, LLC - Arlington, Massachusetts
Posted on Wednesday, 19 January 2011
Attends a variety of cutting edge domestic and international medical conferences to develop peer-reviewed content for MD Conference Express® (MDCE). Edits/writes/fact checks materials for the publication, works closely with presenting faculty and medical advisors to coordinate copy changes and data updates, and carries out other related editorial tasks.
1. Attends medical conferences, domestic and international as necessary (10-15% travel required). Assists with editorial planning of conference coverage and publication planning.
2. Coordinates with other non-staff medical writers and editorial staff to ensure capture of live meeting content and references as needed.
3. Produces article copy from live conference materials and/or captured materials as necessary for MDCE and MDCE website.
4. Edits article copy for logic, clarity, style, consistency, grammar, and usage, rewriting as necessary.
5. Edits and determines format of figures and tables, restructuring as necessary, and verifies all data and mathematical calculations. Works closely with Production Assistant to produce clear, accurate figures and tables.
6. Fact checks all article, figure, and table data against original primary sources to ensure accuracy. Coordinates figure permissions through appropriate channels.
7. Coordinates revisions with presenting faculty, medical writers, and medical advisors, eliciting new material to correct and clarify the original manuscript, explaining MDCE policy and correct usage as necessary. Manages and traffics articles through the editorial and production process.
8. Reads and corrects page proofs for clarity, style, consistency, and grammar.
9. Undertakes technical research as necessary, using print and online resources.
10. Other projects as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required, in addition to strong communication skills, specialized knowledge of grammar and word usage, knowledge of medical publishing procedures, and familiarity with medical and scientific terms and concepts, mathematics and the appropriate interpretation of data (statistics). At least five years of experience as a full-time manuscript editor are necessary, as well as familiarity with electronic editing with the use of Microsoft Word and tracked changes and Adobe Professional. Experience in medical or scientific writing and editing and a demonstrated editing ability are highly desirable. Knowledge of a foreign language a plus. Experience interacting with high level medical faculty in person, by telephone, and via e-mail.
Must be able to work calmly and effectively under intense deadline pressure, balancing accuracy and careful attention to detail against the demands of a tight publication schedule. Must be confident, mature, and tactful to deal effectively with writers, faculty, medical advisors, editors and other staff members.
Apply by Email:
The link at the top of each posting should bring you directly to the company website. If it does not, please do a google search using the information in the email to find the company. If you are enrolled in a grant and have a Career Coach, personalized searches are available.
If you have additional comments, please email Bob Reidy at email@example.com
To STOP EMAILS..... Send a blank email to: TCP-JobLeadsfirstname.lastname@example.org
FOUND A JOB........... If you have found employment, please let us know at: www.careerplacejobs.com/forms/placement.htm or call our job placement line at 781-932-5555