Child Life Specialist I (9 South)
Job Posting Description SEE:
Under general supervision and in accordance with established professional and departmental standards, participates in therapeutic activities and programs to meet patients' psychosocial and developmental needs and facilitate adjustment to health care experiences. Serves as member of multidisciplinary team. Delegates work assignments to volunteers and participates in clinical training of student interns.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Plans and develops therapeutic programs and activities for patients on assigned unit. Assesses behavioral and age-specific developmental needs based on Child Life competencies. Participates in activities, programs and intervention strategies to meet patients' needs an
3. facilitate adjustment to healthcare experiences.
2. Participates in supportive programs with patients and families. Identifies general needs of patients and families and develops interventions to meet their needs based on Child Life competencies. Educates patients, parents and siblings regarding impact of hospitalization.
3. Participates in clinical education and supervision of student interns. Serves as liaison to the academic supervisor, department director and other department staff. Delegates work responsibilities to volunteers as appropriate. Provides direction as needed to ensure duties are performed according to established standards, guidelines and instructions.
4. Maintains knowledge of current professional trends, practices and techniques through participation in professional organizations, attendance at conferences, seminars and other continuing education programs.
5. Serves as a member of the department and interdisciplinary team. Communicates issues as they arise to the director of Child Life Services. Recognizes an environment that fosters professional growth.
Minimum Knowledge and Skills required by the Job
1. Work requires the knowledge of theories, principles, and concepts through completion of a Bachelor's degree in Child Development, Child Life, or a closely related field with a concentration in child life. A minimum 480-hour Child Life internship under the supervision of a certified child life specialist is required.
2. Work requires the general skills to resolve problems requiring the use of child development theory, professional child life principles, and experienced‑based knowledge.
3. Work requires well-developed writing skills. Applicant must possess excellent communication skills including conflict resolution to effectively work as a team member.
Full Time - 40 Hours
Standard Hours per Week
The link at the top of each posting should bring you directly to the company website. If it does not, please do a google search using the information in the email to find the company. If you are enrolled in a grant and have a Career Coach, personalized searches are available.
If you have additional comments, please email Bob Reidy at email@example.com
To STOP EMAILS..... Send a blank email to: TCP-JobLeadsfirstname.lastname@example.org
FOUND A JOB........... If you have found employment, please let us know at: www.careerplacejobs.com/forms/placement.htm or call our job placement line at 781-932-5555