Executive - Deans - Health
Executive - Deans - Medicine
Open Until Filled
$78,000 to $92,000 USD Per Year
marked as a Priority
Dean of Health Professions
Division of Health Professions; Non-Unit, 12-month Professional Position
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES: The Dean provides strategic leadership and direction as the administrator/leader for the Division of Health Professions consisting of academic departments, programs and other related academic activities. Implements relevant sections of the College's Strategic Plan; supervises curriculum and program development; oversees course/program enrollment and attrition; and recommends hiring of full-time Division personnel; hires part-time Division personnel; promotes relationships with community agencies, businesses, and individuals; develops grant proposals and manages funded activities; administers collective bargaining agreements; implements College policies and procedures pertinent to the functioning of the Division; represents academic perspectives in cross component and institutional endeavors; advises the Vice President for Academic Affairs on academic and other matters related to the Division.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Supervises curriculum and program development, including designating future academic directions for Division, recruiting new or existing faculty/staff to develop/revise courses and/or programs of study consistent with academic direction of Division.
2. Oversees activities associated with specialized external accreditation of programs of study within the Division.
3. Develops schedule of day, evening, and weekend credit courses (Master Schedules) throughout the calendar year.
4. Teaches credit and non-credit courses, seminars, workshops, training activities when appropriate.
5. Administers collective bargaining agreements for full-time and part-time faculty, professional staff, and classified employees, including workload assignment; evaluation; recommendations for hiring, re-appointment, promotion, sabbatical, tenure, discipline; and participates in grievance procedures, as appropriate.
6. Directs and facilitates faculty and staff to develop and implement academic action plans consistent with Division goals/ objectives/ direction and course/program enrollments.
7. Recommends hiring of full-time faculty and staff Division personnel by implementing relevant College policies and procedures, including drafting position postings; chairing search committees; screening and interviewing applicants.
8. Encourages and supports professional development for faculty and staff.
9. Fields student inquiries, concerns, and problems; researches pertinent facts and circumstances; applies relevant policies, procedures, and practices to find appropriate resolution.
10. Manages Divisional budget, develops grant proposals and manages/coordinates funded activities.
11. Manages implementation of Strategic Plan activities; reviews and interprets career/market data, job availability, survey results, graduate placements, and other pertinent data to develop goals/ objectives/ direction for the Division.
12. Promotes academic/divisional relationships with related community and national agencies, schools, businesses, colleges, and individuals, including NSCC advisory committees, employers, high schools, transfer colleges/universities; facilitates cooperation between the division and other components/departments of the College to foster an effective working relationship.
13. Fosters diversity and collegiality within the Division and College, supports a learner-centered environment and manages change to achieve a climate of openness, trust, and adaptability.
14. Performs other related duties as assigned by the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
1. Minimum of an earned Master's Degree from an accredited college/university, Doctorate desired.
2. Minimum of 7 years related experience in academic administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
3. Full-time teaching experience in higher education, community college setting preferred.
4. Licensed/credentialed in a health profession in good standing. Massachusetts license preferred.
5. Demonstrated record of high quality leadership and administration in higher education.
6. Demonstrated experience in establishing strategic partnerships, including clinical affiliations and service partners.
7. Experience in working with the requirements associated with specialized health program accreditation.
8. Demonstrated expertise in curriculum development with a knowledge of outcomes assessment to guide curricular innovation and improvement.
9. Understanding of the issues and challenges related to institutional applications of information technology and e-learning.
10. Demonstrated effectiveness in communication and interpersonal skills.
11. Demonstrated ability to be a team contributor.
12. Successful experience interacting with culturally diverse populations.
13. Experience with management in a collective bargaining environment preferred.
14. Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of the comprehensive community college.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Vice-President for Academic Affairs
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Full and part-time, day and evening personnel, including faculty, unit/non-unit professional staff, classified staff, consultants, work-study students, and any other individuals assigned to the Division of Health Professions. Departments/Programs include: Emergency Medical Services (EMT), Medical Assisting, Nurse Education (RN), Occupational Therapy Assistant, Physical Therapist Assistant, Practical Nursing (PN), Radiologic Technology, Respiratory Care, Surgical Technology, Veterinary Technology and Animal Care.
SALARY: Salary range $78,000 to $92,000 commensurate with education and experience.
STARTING DATE: December 1, 2010
APPLY TO: http://nscc.interviewexchan ge.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=21141
The Career Place
The link at the top of each posting should bring you directly to the company website. If it does not, please do a google search using the information in the email to find the company. If you are enrolled in a grant and have a Career Coach, personalized searches are available.
If you have additional comments, please email Bob Reidy at email@example.com
To STOP EMAILS..... Send a blank email to: TCP-JobLeadsfirstname.lastname@example.org
FOUND A JOB........... If you have found employment, please let us know at: www.careerplacejobs.com/forms/placement.htm or call our job placement line at 781-932-5555