Please feel free to refer this position to other groups and people you know.
Position Title – WACOID082010
Sr. Systems Administrator – Linux – Windows – 128/Mass. Pike area of MA - Up
Up to $90K+ DOE + Bonus
Local Candidates Only – No sponsorship
Premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and
events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer
Position Responsibilities – Summary
The data center is operationally the responsibility of the US Systems
Administrators. This data center is a strategic part of the global,
regional and local support strategy. A close partnership between the US
Systems Administrators, EMEA Sys Admins and APAC Sys Admins will be required
to facilitate the delivery of strategic and tactical local and regional
· Manage the regional data center and ensure security of the servers
and services housed within.
· Ensure regional operational procedures are performed and
documented in the US office, including: activity logs, backups, user
account management, system monitoring.
· Maintain servers located in the US data center.
· Proactively identify areas where IT resources should be involved
as they are advised or otherwise identified.
· Carrying of a 24x7 pager, for 1 week, on a rotational basis with
5-6 other team members.
Required Skills and Competencies:
· Candidate must be experienced with complete problem solving and
support, with good customer service.
· Candidate should have experience in a ‘Critical Systems’
environment, e.g. clustered environments, high uptime etc.
· Candidate should possess 5 years of systems administration and be
skilled and experienced in multiple server and networking technologies.
Relevant technologies include: Strong Linux (70% of environment), Windows
Server (30%) and familiarity with LDAP type directory services.
(Approximately 230 servers total).
· Candidate must have a high degree of technical project management
experience and be able to effectively function as a member of a project
· Candidate must have a strong sense of responsibility for the
systems under their control.
· The ideal candidate should have a bachelor’s degree and 5+ years
of IT experience.
Additional skills desired:
· Scripting skills such as Bash, Batch, Perl or PHP are also an
· Candidate should possess some hands-on experience in the
management and configuration of LAN/WAN technologies, including knowledge of
DNS infrastructure, routing and Site to Site VPNs.
· Candidate needs some experience with Internet technologies
including: Client VPN, firewall and security services and devices.
· Candidate should have a good understanding of DNS, and it’s
relationship to email routing.
· VMWare experience desired or willingness to learn.
· Server hardware and Cisco IOS and hardware knowledge is an
· Some firewall experience, Checkpoint specifically is an advantage.
· Experience supporting Java Application servers, Tomcat preferably.
· Oracle or equivalent Open Source database administration
· Lotus Notes Mail utilized so some knowledge of Notes is a plus but
Gary Wright - President – Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org - WEB Site – www.wrightassociates.org
The link at the top of each posting should bring you directly to the company website. If it does not, please do a google search using the information in the email to find the company. If you are enrolled in a grant and have a Career Coach, personalized searches are available.
If you have additional comments, please email Bob Reidy at email@example.com
To STOP EMAILS..... Send a blank email to: TCP-JobLeadsfirstname.lastname@example.org
FOUND A JOB........... If you have found employment, please let us know at: www.careerplacejobs.com/forms/placement.htm or call our job placement line at 781-932-5555