Please feel free to refer this position to other groups and people you know.
Open & Active as of 08-13-2010
Position Title – WRTLPSWE072010
Principal J2EE Software Engineer – Java/J2EE/JSP/Struts – N. 495, MA – Up to
Base + Stock + Comprehensive Benefits
No Sponsorship Available – Local Candidates Only
Private, successful, and growing software firm.
Position Responsibilities – Summary
This is a hands principal software engineering role on a scrum development
team, who’s mission is to aggressively increase the business value through
development of new and innovative features.
We use scrum as its software development management process. Effective scrum
teams are comprised of skilled and flexible software developers. This type
of individual allows a scrum team to effectively self-organize around a
variety of development tasks. In this role we are looking for a highly
experienced technical leader and generalist software developer who is
comfortable taking on development tasks involving different technologies and
architectural components in the platform.
· Proactively negotiate requirements with product management
· Effectively estimate cost of software development tasks in time
· Effectively apply solid design principals and techniques in an
agile, iterative development environment.
· Develop software in a disciplined manner
· Deliver high quality software in a predictable fashion.
· Deliver on commitments made to the company and your team.
· Work effectively with your scrum team to self organize around
· Effectively utilize self-testing coding and continuous
· Provide technical documentation and product training to internal
· Provide technical backup for sustain engineering and customer
· Act as a mentor for junior team members.
Required Skills and Competencies:
· Bachelor’s degree or better in computer science, mathematics, or
· 10+ years experience designing and developing commercial,
· 5+ years experience designing and developing commercial,
enterprise software using the J2EE platform.
· Experience in developing commercial software products through
multiple release cycles
· Concrete experience in Agile development methodology
· Experience as a technical team lead
· Mastery of software design principles and patterns
· Mastery of source code re-factoring,
· Mastery of test driven development techniques.
· Experience using continuous integration infrastructure and
· In-depth experience with the following technologies is mandatory:
o Java platform
· In-depth experience with the following technologies is desirable:
o Spring Framework
o Hibernate and JPA
o Database development : Oracle PLSQL, MS SQL T-SQL
· Demonstrable ability to learn new technologies and software
quickly, and apply them effectively in short development cycles.
· Strong written communication, verbal communication, and
· Able to take ownership of a project from start to finish.
· Experience working with offshore development teams.
· You will be asked to demonstrate an support strengths in the
Resourcefulness, Adaptability, Analytic Skills, and Problem Solving,
Judgment/Decision Making, Conceptual Ability, Pragmatism, Excellence,
Listening, Team Player & High Energy
Gary Wright - President – Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354 - Email - firstname.lastname@example.org - WEB
Site – www.wrightassociates.org
The link at the top of each posting should bring you directly to the company website. If it does not, please do a google search using the information in the email to find the company. If you are enrolled in a grant and have a Career Coach, personalized searches are available.
If you have additional comments, please email Bob Reidy at email@example.com
To STOP EMAILS..... Send a blank email to: TCP-JobLeadsfirstname.lastname@example.org
FOUND A JOB........... If you have found employment, please let us know at: www.careerplacejobs.com/forms/placement.htm or call our job placement line at 781-932-5555