CITY OF WOBURN
HOW TO BECOME A WOBURN POLICE OFFICER
HOW TO APPLY
The City of Woburn Police Department is a Civil Service Police Department . Therefore, all persons interested in a position with the Department must apply through the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Human Resources Division (HRD). Entry level municipal police officer examinations are held every two years.
Those interested in taking the Civil Service Entrance Examination can apply on line at http://www.mass.
The application fee is $100.00, but may be waived for applicants receiving certain state or federal assistance, unemployment insurance, or worker’s compensation.
TEST DATE: June 28, 2008
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 9, 2008
- There will be an additional $ 25.00 processing fee for applications received after this date.
A Police Officer works under supervision to perform law enforcement duties, protecting life, property, and the civil rights of individuals. Primary duties include patrol; interacting with citizens to provide service and render assistance; and preparing and completing records, reports, and other paperwork documenting incidents for use in prosecution. A Police Officer is dispatched to crime and emergency scenes in response to reported violations, accidents, domestic disputes and abuses, and other incidents; caries out crime scene duties; makes arrests and performs search and seizure; conducts investigations; and interviews witnesses, suspects, and complainants.
As of the date of employment, applicants must have either:
- A high school diploma or equivalency certificate approved by the Massachusetts Department of Education OR
- Three years experience in the armed forces of the United States with last release or discharge under honorable conditions.
OTHER MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS/
All candidates for appointment to the Woburn Police Department must:
- Be at least 21 years of age as of June 28, 2008 to take the 2008 Exam.
- Be a non-smoker at the time of and after appointment.
- Pass a medical examination and a Physical Abilities Test.
- Pass a psychological examination.
- Not have been convicted of a felony at any time.
- Be a United States citizen.
- Have good moral character.
- Be honorably discharged from the Armed Forces, if applicable.
- Possess a valid Massachusetts driver’s license and have a good driving record.
The City of Woburn Police Department is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
TO BE REMOVED FROM EMAILS: Please send a blank email to: Career_Place_Membersfirstname.lastname@example.org